Aircraft-grade aluminum. Fully recyclable.
Paint & Color
Off-white only. Automotive-grade powder coat finish.
High-strength, lightweight aluminium alloy, die-cast. Surfaces are covered with a durable, high-grip tape for all weather conditions.
Black aluminum with silicone rubber grips. Hypoallergenic.
High impact-resistant polycarbonate and ABS
500W, 1300W peak. Front wheel drive.
Range / Performance Modes
– Uncapped: top speed 24mph, range ~15 miles
– Cruise: top speed 15.5mph, range ~20 miles. A sensible power reduction and typically as fast as you want to travel anyway (and often a state/national speed limit).
– Eco: top speed 12mph, range 20+ miles
Approximately 12.5% – based on an 80kg rider going 12mph for at least 500 metres (rolling start, not standing).
When comparing hill-climbing statistics, make sure to find out tested rider weight, speed, distance travelled, etc.
Yes. Product will arrive unrestricted, rider can adjust.
Voltage / Max voltage
Max voltage: 50.2v.
368 watt-hours (lithium-ion high power discharge).
Our quality cells have been UL-2271 safety standard approved.
Battery Management System
Taur's proprietary BMS monitors the battery 100 times per second to ensure it's healthy and happy. Any performance or safety issues can be caught, and caught quickly.
Maximum rider weight
While Taur is capable of carrying heavier folk, our warranty only covers riders up to 220 lbs (100kg).
– 0-80% in 1 hour 50 mins (85% in 2 hours).
– 0-100% in 3 hours.
Any standard wall power outlet will do. No special infrastructure or converters required.
Continental®. Air-filled and Kevlar-reinforced for puncture resistance.
2 x 12.5 inch tires (code: 12 1/2 x 2 1/4 (63-203)).
Brands such as Continental or Kenda can be found online or in some bicycle repair stores.
Variable regenerative brake. Uses the stopping force of the 500W motor to charge the battery as you slow down.
140mm hydraulic caliper disc brake.
A small squeeze of the brake lever provides a small amount of braking force to both wheels – and vice versa.
300 lumens Cree® LED, high power directional beam. The light is curved and frosted to provide side-on visibility to 240°. Pacman/pie-chart visual to show % of scooter visible
REAR LIGHTING SYSTEM
80 lumens LED. This light is also curved and frosted to provide side-on visibility to approx. 200°.
REAR LIGHTING SYSTEM
Rear projection light
A 100 lumens Cree® LED is focused through optics onto the rider's back, fully illuminating them from behind. Head to toe visibility to approx. 180°.
Brake lighting scheme
When braking, a bright solid red light appears on the rear light. At night, the entire rear lighting system shines with extra brightness, same as a car.
Thumb-throttle on right handlebar. For safety reasons, the motor will not engage if the wheel isn't spinning (>1mph). Riders must therefore hold the thumb-throttle down + kick off to get going.
Fully holding down the throttle will result in smooth acceleration in all conditions.
Hand brake lever on left handlebar. Braking is variable on both wheels – see 'Brakes' section above.
Interface & Display
The joystick is mounted on the left handlebar, and is easily controlled with your thumb while riding. It can move up, down, left, right and in. Functionality currently includes:
– sounding the horn
– turning on lighting
– switching performance modes
RGB ring with integrated OLED display.
Speed, battery level and performance mode.
Polyphonic sounder up to 95 decibels. Audible over traffic noise.
Behind Taur's 'bull' logo in the middle of the handlebars, protected by a water-resistant Teflon cover. Specifically located to project sound forward.
To unlock and ride, place an RFID key on the display. 2 key fobs included with every unit.
Through-frame and wheel (front wheel recommended). Lock not included.
Ride in the rain
IP55 rated. Protected against dust ingress that could be harmful for the normal operation of the product but is not fully dust tight. It is protected against solid objects and water jets projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) from any directions.
Taur has a motorbike-style 'center stand'. Roll Taur forward to snap the stand back underneath the frame.
Center stand on fold rest
The center stand can be used when the product is folded too.
Folded vertical stand
Taur can also fold and stand vertically on the rear wheel and tips of the handlebars.
37.6 lbs / 17kg.
Twist the fold lever and let the steering column collapse back. Pull the mudguard back and let it clip in.
Length / Wheelbase
Width at handlebars
Width of foot platforms
READY TO RIDE
Height, folded vertical stand
Temperature when riding
23 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit / -5 to 55 degrees Celsius.
Performance impacted at extremes (particularly the cold).
Temperature when charging
50 to 113 degrees Fahrenheit / 10 to 45 degrees Celsius.
In the box
– Taur electric scooter
– 1x Charger
– 2x RFID smartcards
– Assembly Toolbox
– Assembly manual
– 1x spare inner tube
– Merchandise (if in stock)
– Aluminum is the most easily recycled metal and it's by far the most common material in the product.
– All metals in Taur are fully recyclable – and are 'single material', which makes recycling easier.
– Taur maximises use of recyclable packaging (no plastics – all recyclable cardboard and foams)
Efficient, long-lasting design
– Highly robust aluminum frame– Over-engineered electronic solutions
– Exceptional quality components (battery cells, brakes, wiring, connectors, LEDs, etc)
– Puncture-resistant Continental tyres (low air pressure, low rolling resistance)
– High levels of ingress protection (IP55)
– Smart Battery Management System will maximise battery longevity to minimise environmental impact
– Taur is made of 5 core modules plus standardized bicycle components.
– If anything goes wrong with Taur we've designed it to minimise the cost and difficulty of getting it fixed, instead of throwing it away.
– It's also possible to do all this locally. Both regular wear and tear and deeper issues can be fixed by the customer or by a local bicycle repair store – without needing to ship the product across the country, using more packaging and emissions in the process.